permaculture - [permaculture] I. Re: Carbon Capture and Sequestration II. Survival tips and strategies (economic/homestead/health/food) in these uncertain economic times

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] I. Re: Carbon Capture and Sequestration II. Survival tips and strategies (economic/homestead/health/food) in these uncertain economic times
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 13:39:58 -0500

I. Re: Carbon Capture and Sequestration

SANET-MG Archives -- February 2009 (#182)
http://lists.ifas.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0902&L=sanet-mg&T=0&O=D&P=128266
Subject: Re: Carbon Capture and Sequestration Video Link - FYI
Link: Re: http://www.ccs-education.net/media/ccs_video_01.html
From: John & Maia O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 07:49:49 -0800

This is clearly a public "service" announcement video (as in Internal
Revenue "Service") from the petroleum industry. That is to say, when you see
such, remember whom the "service" is for. In these cases both are
self-serving" not public serving.

This is appealing to the masses who still worship at the altar of
technology will save us from our profligate ways," so we can continue to
squander fossil fuels and foul our nest. To my knowledge there has been only
one demo well where CO2 which was actually captured and injected. This is a
primrose path to perdition. We must do many strategies to get a chance at
getting a handle on human-caused climate weirding. First and foremost is
acknowledge our role personally and personally change our behaviors. We must
become more of what we are meant to be, human beings, and less of what we
have "bought into" from the dominant financial paradigm, "human consumings."

John O'Brien

II. Survival tips and strategies (economic/homestead/health/food) in these
uncertain economic times

<fill in the blank>

good topic for a new discussion thread

  • [permaculture] I. Re: Carbon Capture and Sequestration II. Survival tips and strategies (economic/homestead/health/food) in these uncertain economic times, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/28/2009