permaculture - [permaculture] Sign the petition

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marimike6@cs.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Sign the petition
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 08:16:30 EST

If someone has already brought this to our attention, excuse me for doing so
again. I've been out of touch with the thread recently.

The one single thing we can do today to advance the cause of sustainable
agriculture would be to sign the petition being circulated by Food Democracy
Now,
suggesting a slate of potential candidates for the post of Secretary of
Agriculture to President-elect Obama. It was brought to the attention of the
newspaper readership in this fine op-ed from Nicholas Kristof:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/opinion/11kristof.html?_r=1&em

The petition itself can be found here:

http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/

  • [permaculture] Sign the petition, Marimike6, 12/13/2008