permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture.TV - Pilot Shutdown

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: nepal <nepal.roade@googlemail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture.TV - Pilot Shutdown
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 15:51:40 +0000

On Thursday 04 December 2008 13:29:35 Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> A Fukuoka Inspired Permaculture Garden
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugFd1JdFaE0

Lawrence,

I am fairly new to the list and to the ideas of permaculture, but not to
growing and nature/Nature.

I can't thank you enough for bringing Fukuoka to my attention. A man who so
clearly loves and respects nature. I haven't watched all these youTube videos
yet but am relishing the anticipation of getting to. I will certainly be
passing these links and his name on to several friends.

I now have two of his books, Natural Farming and One Straw, which are
available at the Soil and Health Library to download as pdf's.

Just reading the preface to Natural Farming says enough for me. It ends with
him talking of his greatest fear for nature being the mind of man.

"All begins by relinquishing human knowledge.
Although perhaps just the empty dream of a farmer who has sought in vain to
return to nature and the side of God, I wish to become the sower of seed.
Nothing would give me more pleasure than to meet others of the same mind."

I hope he understands that the seeds he sows are not just the kind that grow
plants.

:)

nepal.