permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Reminder of Financial Permaculture event internet access

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Phil Vergamini <phil@inetserv.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Reminder of Financial Permaculture event internet access
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:19:52 -0600

Robert-
Thanks for the information regarding your Financial Permaculture event. I was surprised and disappointed to discover that such a large Financial Permaculture event was being held without any representation from or information about the Permaculture Credit Union (PCU), (http://www.pcuonline.org).

The PCU is an invisible structure, a financial structure, created to support the permaculture community. It is based on the earth care ethics of Permaculture: care of the earth, care of the people, and sharing the excess. The PCU opened its doors in August of 2000 and has grown in a sustainable manner with both federal and state oversight. We have been "Transforming Our Financial System ... From the Bottom Up" since then.

The PCU presently has close to $4 million in assets that it makes available as loans to its over 1000 members. It encourages earth friendly loans through reduced rates for items like high mileage vehicles, student loans, water catchment systems, home energy systems, including solar, wind, micro hydro, and energy conservation.

Recently, we began a cooperative project with the Santa Fe Farmers Market Institute, to make small, low interest loans to small organic farmers in northern New Mexico. We could do this for almost any farmers market.

Please announce our existence and contact information to your event attendees. Web site: http://www.pcuonline.org
Phone: Toll Free: (866) 954-3479; or (505) 954-3479

Thanks-

-Phil Vergamini
PCU Member, Account #1

Below is a reminder from the Solari Network of the Financial Permaculture event that starts tomorrow (Friday, Oct 24) and runs through next Tuesday. If you aren't attending, you can follow the event through the various event blogs, linked below.

Bob Waldrop, www.bobwaldrop.net
Oklahoma Food Coop, www.oklahomafood.coop
Barking Frogs Permaculture, www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org

Transforming Our Financial System ... From the Bottom Up

The central bankers of the world are planning to meet in Europe to
redesign the financial system from the top down. From Friday, October
24 through Tuesday, October 28, a diverse group of permaculturists,
entrepreneurs, community leaders, and investment strategists are
gathering in Hohenwald, Tennessee, to transform the financial system
from the bottom up, contributing to efforts that are spreading
virally, creating liquidity and economic health.

Get the Details on the Financial Permaculture Conference

http://www.financialpermaculture.com
http://solari.com/events/financial-permaculture/

For those of you who will not be joining us in person at the
conference, we hope you will join us in the blogosphere -- by either
posting at your blog, commenting at one of ours, referring our blog to
your network (www.solari.com/blog/), or just enjoying the discussion. See all http://www.financialpermaculture.org for daily updates and participation.

Here are some recent blog posts to inspire your participation:

Financial Permaculture in Hohenwald - Final Schedule
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1738

Principles of Financial Permaculture
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1730

Solari Circles - An Intro for Financial Permaculture Students
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1718

Can Our Own Communities Serve as Financial Safe Havens in Troubled
Times?
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1706

Financial Permaculture - Meet the Finance Team
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1674

Financial Permaculture - Meet the Food Coop Leaders
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1717

We Welcome Your Help: Small Business Structures
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1714

Financial Permaculture - Got a Comment?
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1734

=====================================
Join the Solari Prayer Team by Teleconference
=====================================

I would also like to invite you to join our Solari Prayer Team by
phone conference line for short periods of group prayer before and
during the conference itself. We will focus on the goals of the
conference and the many people who are attending in various
capacities. The prayer will be led in the Christian tradition, and we
always invite participants on our prayer calls to take part in a way
that is true to their own religious or spiritual path and
understanding.

Here are the details on how to join us:
http://solari.com/blog/?p=1735

==========================
2008: Live in San Francisco DVD

If you haven't had the opportunity yet, you can watch a video clip of
our latest DVD, 2008: Live in San Francisco. This live presentation
highlights material from the Solari Audio seminar: Positioning Your
Assets for Growth in Uncertain Times.

Watch the video clip:
http://solari.com/store/audio-seminars/live_in_san_francisco/

-- Catherine Austin Fitts