permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course: Winter Series in NY!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "ethan roland" <eroland@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course: Winter Series in NY!
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 01:29:31 -0500

Howdy All --

We've opened
registration<http://appleseedpermaculture.com/index.php/?page_id=9#pdc_epw>for
our second annual winter-series PDC. I totally loved being part of
this
course last year -- the monthly format allowed for reflection and
integration of the permaculture material, and outside-of-class communication
helped to build a thriving community in the Hudson Valley. We did some
permaculture/bioregional research (here's a
video<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1859025682582906904>),
and participants worked to create permaculture designs for their own homes
through the winter. When springtime came, many of these designs were
actually implemented!

This is one of the lowest-cost PDCs available ($135-200/weekend), and
especially given the recent + ongoing financial turmoil, is a seriously
excellent investment in skilling-up for community self-sufficiency and
abundance.

Please forward this along to any friends and family that might be
interested!

REGISTER NOW: http://appleseedpermaculture.com/index.php/?page_id=9#pdc_epw

If you'd like to see me (the lead teacher) presenting some basics of
permaculture, check out these videos and slideshows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWj7R4u4Ptw
http://bmatwt597b.weebly.com/videos.html
http://www.slideshare.net/ethanappleseed/intro-to-pc02key-presentation

Here's some feedback from last year's PDC graduates:
*• "The Permaculture workshop with was a life-transforming experience for
me... we were able to accomplish so much in such a short time; Ethan has the
gift of inspiring people and making things happen!"
• "The positive framework you gave to the entire course changed my previous
feelings of hopelessness into empowered enthusiasm."
• "The teaching team was knowledgeable and approachable. This is a totally
different kind of approach... You learn and have fun!"*

Fall & Winter Weekend Permaculture Design Certificate Class

Epworth Camp & Retreat Center ~ High Falls, New York

Permaculture practicums, bioregional research and real-life design projects
Taught by Ethan Roland, Andrew Jones, Shenaqua Sookhoo, Kay Cafasso, Rafter
Sass, Anya Raskin, and friends

Permaculture Design is a powerful tool for integrating humans sustainably
into their landscape. Learn and connect with global network of engaged
eco-social designers and sustainability actionists.

The collaborative teaching team for this course includes local gardeners,
natural builders, mycologists, landscape designers, community organizers,
ecologists, and international development experts. We work together with the
participants to co-create a learning community and deliver
internationally-recognized certification course.
CLICK HERE <http://appleseedpermaculture.com/index.php/?page_id=9#pdc_epw>for
more information and registration.

--
Ethan C. Roland

www.appleseedpermaculture.com - Regenerative Design & Development
www.gaiauniversity.org - Degrees of Freedom
www.permacultureacrossborders.org - International Permaculture

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new
eyes" - Marcel Proust

Intro to Permaculture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWj7R4u4Ptw

--
Ethan C. Roland

www.appleseedpermaculture.com - Regenerative Design & Development
www.gaiauniversity.org - Degrees of Freedom
www.permacultureacrossborders.org - International Permaculture

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new
eyes" - Marcel Proust

Intro to Permaculture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWj7R4u4Ptw

  • [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course: Winter Series in NY!, ethan roland, 10/16/2008