permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sust Ag standard moves intohighgear]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Dick Pierce" <dickpiercedesigns@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sust Ag standard moves intohighgear]
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 07:40:44 -0500

Sustainability:

a couple of entries from my list of definitions.....

- Leave it better than you found it.

- Pick up after yourself.

- Think of others - humans, beings, all living things

- Base decisions on their impact for Seven Generations

- A positive balance in Nature's energy accounts at the end of a
cycle - month,
season, year, lifetime, 7 generations. [analogy is your bank
account balance]

-Air/Water are cleaner -More Water
supply/storage
-More/better Soil -Soil Food Web
more prosperous
-Biomass is increasing -More Diversity
-Less Pollution/Waste -More Efficient
Resource Use
-Zero poisons/toxins -More
Community/Family

- Adapt ourselves to Nature's rules/play-book/bounty

-Use Local Resources -Take just what you
need
-Everyone gets firsts, first -Cooperate with
Nature/others
-Live in Cycles - like Nature -Every output is an
input
-Expect/work toward joy and abundance with less
work

Dick Pierce