permaculture - [permaculture] Transition Training in Washington, DC, November 15-16?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jim <ashevillecurrencyproject@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Transition Training in Washington, DC, November 15-16?
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:57:14 -0400

The Transition Town movement is a global movement to encourage positive, concrete, local, permaculture-based responses to peak oil and climate change.
Visit
transitionculture.org or
http://transitionus.ning.com
for more information.

I am forwarding this note from Larry Chang in Washington, DC
-- Jim
"We have the opportunity to host Sophy Banks and Naresh Giangrande who set up Transition Training in late 2007 and are offering Training for Transition, a 2-day "fundamentals" course for those wishing to know how to set up, run, and maintain a successful transition initiative. It is packed with imaginative and inspiring ways to delve into both the theory and practice of Transition.

They can fit us in to their US tour on November 15-16. Cost for the 2-day training will be about $200 per person. We have until Thursday 10/2 to get back to them. We need commitments from 20 people to do this. Please indicate your serious interest right away by email to ecolocitydc@gmail.com. If we can swing this, we'll need 2-3 nights accommodation for two, volunteers for organizing, set-up, transportation.

Can we do this or will we have to wait until next year?
Please indicate your serious interest right away by email to ecolocitydc@gmail.com"

  • [permaculture] Transition Training in Washington, DC, November 15-16?, Jim, 10/01/2008