permaculture - [permaculture] guild design application

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Peter Suter" <petersuter@adaptablesoftware.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] guild design application
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:07:31 +1000

Hi, what is the status and progress of this project?

>> from the archives >>
hello permiepeoples,

my name is stephanie, and I am interested in developing somewhat of a

guild database with a guild design application. I have discussed my idea

with Kirby Fry of Cross Timbers and Scott Pittman of the Permaculture

Institute, who have both commended the idea and suggested that I describe

it to you alls. So, I am writing to briefly discuss my intentions, and

garner interest and support.

Basically, I intend to build a sophisticated guild design tool, which

will guide users in designing a customized guild for their local region,

while providing abundant information on guild components, phenomenology,

symbiosis, and other such related issues. This information will be

presented in the form of established research and case studies, and

through different media including text, images, and perhaps others. The

knowledge base will ultimately be developed by *us*, the Permaculture

community. I would like to both visit practicing Permaculturists with

developed and/or developing guilds, and gather information from our on-

line networks. I already have very specific ideas for the informational

architecture of this tool, but have not elaborated here for purposes of

brevity.

I am currently in the process of seeking funding for this project, and

welcome any suggestions! If you are interested in participating in this

project-- whether as a 'subject matter expert' (knowledgeable about guild

design), or simply to offer advice, criticisms, words of wisdom-- please

respond. ***I particularly solicit guild designers from throughout North

America to participate in this project*** I am glad to provide a more

detailed description of the plan upon request. And, of course, this

project is willing to co-evolve with your input! I hope to hear back.

thank you

peace

*Stephanie

  • [permaculture] guild design application, Peter Suter, 09/25/2008