permaculture - [permaculture] International Association of Book Towns, for scenic villages devoted to used books - Boing Boing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] International Association of Book Towns, for scenic villages devoted to used books - Boing Boing
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 22:40:41 -0400

International Association of Book Towns, for scenic villages devoted to used
books - Boing Boing
<http://www.boingboing.net/2008/08/09/international-associ.html>
Boing Boing - A directory of wonderful things
International Association of Book Towns, for scenic villages devoted to used
books
Posted by Cory Doctorow, August 9, 2008 2:09 PM | permalink
The International Association of Book Towns ("a small rural town or village in which second-hand and antiquarian bookshops are concentrated") collects information about delightful bibliophiles' paradises. I once spent a magical day combing the shops of one of these places and by the end of it I was drunk on binder's glue, ink, and silverfish. I.O.B. - International Organisation of Book Towns (Thanks, Marilyn!)
http://www.booktown.net/

  • [permaculture] International Association of Book Towns, for scenic villages devoted to used books - Boing Boing, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 08/09/2008