permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic Act...]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic Act...]
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 02:23:31 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SANET-MG] Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic
Act...
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:08:37 -0400
From: Steve Diver <steved@IPA.NET>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Sanet -

You might be interested in the following:

Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic Act
in America and the World
by Mary Choate
Coastalfields Press, 2007
http://www.coastalfields.com/organiclies/OrganicLies.pdf

My take is that it is a documented opinion piece
from sustainable farmers who take humbrage at
government-regulated organic farming.

While I don't agree with many facts and statements (and
reference materials), I get the gist of their argument.

If you look through the Coastalfieds Farm / Press
web page, you'll see they list worthwhile background
reading on sustainable and ecological farming
systems, and they explore a form of draft animal
husbandry that draws inspiration and common sense
agriculture from Jethro Tull.

Coastalfields
http://www.coastalfields.com

They describe a new form of agriculture they employ
called "the New Deep Hoeing Husbandry".

the New Deep Hoeing Husbandry
http://www.coastalfields.com/NewDeepHoeingHusbandry.html

Also see:

Publications
http://www.coastalfields.com/publications.html

Suggested Reading
http://www.coastalfields.com/SuggestedReading.html

Coastalfields Virtual Farm Tour
http://www.coastalfields.com/FarmTour.pdf

Especially see:

Eat Your Food!
gastronomical glory from garden to gut
A Coastalfields Cookbook, Nutrition Textbook, Farming Manual
and Sport Manual
by Aaron Brachfeld and Mary Choate

Appendix B_An Active allow
This appendix reprints the introduction to Active Fallow
presented in the soon to be released 5th Edition of the
Horse Hoeing Husbandry, by Jethro Tull.

Regards,

Steve Diver
Texas

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic Act...], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 07/29/2008