permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Boulder man faces $2000 fine/day forguerillagardenfencing - it will b an interesting outcome(Trudie Redding)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Boulder man faces $2000 fine/day forguerillagardenfencing - it will b an interesting outcome(Trudie Redding)
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:16:59 -0500

And furthermore. . . Al Gore is a mass murderer! While VP, he was part of an administration that ruthless sent a million Iraqi civilians to their deaths via a weapon of mass destruction -- the embargo of the Iraqi civilian economy.

His name should never be evoked with respect or adulation among permaculturists. I am not at all surprised to see in Scott's post that he gave a speech at a Monsanto gathering.

Bob Waldrop, tadpole in training with Barking Frogs Permaculture
www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org
www.energyconservationinfo.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
Just the fact they are closely allied with Al Gore doesn't do a thing for
me. Al Gore offers the most inane "solutions" to peak oil and energy
decline. His solution is another pitiful attempt to change nothing while
seeming to be progressive. Keep the cars and other energy guzzlers just
change your light bulbs and plant more corn.

Al Gore as keynote speaker for Monsanto sponsored GMO crop promotional
conference in Argentina was my last straw.

That Fred and Miriam are praised by the Economist, the New Republic and by
U.S. News and world report is even more damning. I'm sure that Rush
Limbaugh loves them too.

This is more of the same old tired "Green Capitalism" hogwash that is
desperately seeking to find ways to make MacDonalds, Catepillar, and
Monsanto poor misunderstood corporations who just need to be shown how to
change their light bulbs and invest in biofuels.

Give me a break!

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute