permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sound recordings of frogs in my farm ponds (nights of 6/30 & 7/1) made with my Olympus Hand-held Stereo Digital Voice Recorder DS-30

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sound recordings of frogs in my farm ponds (nights of 6/30 & 7/1) made with my Olympus Hand-held Stereo Digital Voice Recorder DS-30
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:22:23 -0400

Josh Cooper wrote:

Nice thanks for sharing sounds like around my place I've got an
Olympus also I should take it out some night. I did try to catch some
owls with it but they were just a little to far off.

Give it a try. I would love to hear recordings of owls and whipporwills.
At one time this area had several types of owls, whipporwills, snipes,
hawks, geese, mourning doves and more that could be hear each year.

I may get a DS-40. This way I can record with one, play it back at the frogs
and record
their response.