permaculture - [permaculture] To Bee Organic or not to Bee

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Gene Monaco" <efmonaco@comcast.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] To Bee Organic or not to Bee
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:18:07 -0400

Organic has no CCD: I wish it were so simple. The official scientific jury
is still out on this one according to the researchers that report to our
state and local bee association. Those of us that try to do everything
beyond organic (i.e. permacultural) want to believe that the problems with
the bees and indeed with agriculture and the whole world stem from the way
"they" approach things. I for one am convinced of it. The problem is that
if monoculture and chemical agriculture produce a super virus, the rest of
us may not be immune from it. The collapse of the feral colonies from the
tracheal and varroa mites is an example. Everything is connected, and we
all suffer from the impacts.

Gene Monaco
Knoxville, TN