permaculture - [permaculture] Teacher Certification Re: 9-day PDC???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "L. Santoyo" <santoyo@earthflow.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: tomward@mind.net, J Hobbs <hobbsj@efn.org>, Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>, Permaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Teacher Certification Re: 9-day PDC???
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 08:39:21 -0700

>From Larry Santoyo

.........The "certification" is set up not only to maintain the highest
standards and continuity possible -but to help distinguish between
Permaculture "workshop" teachers and fully designated "Permaculture Design
Certificate Course Instructors" -those with demonstrated proficiency, as
well as experience, in every aspect of the Permaculture Design Course
Curriculum -(as prescribed in the text book: Permaculture: A Designers'
Manual by Bill Mollison).

The certificate requirements for "permaculture design course instructor" are
the same as for a certified "permaculture designer."

-After successfully completing the 72 hour Permaculture Designer Trainee
Course you need to work out a mentoring/ apprenticeship/workstudy program
-with a qualified permaculture designer/instructor -for the equivalent of
two years, full-time work as a designer or in this case as a design course
instructor... (we, of course, also highly recommend that you complete a
"teacher training program")

If you feel you have already completed and/or posses the requisite
experience -then I would encourage you to submit a resume of your work
experience along with a personal essay of your permaculture design course
teaching experience -then we can schedule further discussion and/or a
meeting for review of your work.

In the meantime, please request a letter of recommendation from your
instructors to be sent directly from them to me and/or Scott Pittman -(that
also verifies your work experience etc).

I will contact Scott Pittman, President of the Permaculture Institute and
let you know what fees might be involved and if there is anything else we
may need from you.

Please feel free to contact me, anytime, if you have any other questions.

Looking forward,

Larry

Larry Santoyo, Field Director
Permaculture Institute (USA)