permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Design Apprenticeships, Ithaca NY. 5/16 deadline

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Burns <michael@fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Apprenticeships, Ithaca NY. 5/16 deadline
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:19:49 -0400

PERMACULTURE DESIGN APPRENTICESHIPS
SUMMER 2008
Accepting applications through May 16

The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute (FLPCI) offers an exciting
opportunity to explore permaculture in exchange for 10 - 20 hours of
work each week. Help organize events and work on farm, forestry,
and garden projects on the Cayuga Nature Center's (CNC) 130 acres.
Apprentices have the opportunity to attend all permaculture events
without charge, including the Permaculture Design Certification Course,
held August 8 - 24.

Current projects include several acres of gardens, installation of ponds
and other water features, restoration of our trail system, and ecosystem
restoration of an agroforestry site through the cultivation of edible and
medicinal plants and mushrooms.

The apprentice program is heavily rooted in self-directed learning. We
facilitate apprentices to define their own goals, set milestones, and
produce measurable results. Facilitators, instructors, and staff members
will assist and provide feedback for your personal plan for learning.

Residential participants have access to several pristine sites for camping and to
the main lodge facilities including kitchen and showers. Food will be
the responsibility of the individual, but apprentices will have access
to produce harvested from the gardens.

The program will run from May 26th through August 24th.

COST
Residential: $700
(includes access to facilities, materials)
Commuter: $500

For more information and to apply, please visit
http://www.FingerLakesPermaculture.org

ABOUT
Cayuga Nature Center (www.cayuganaturecenter.org) (CNC) is a place to
explore the wonders of nature. We invite you to visit our collection of
over 40 live Animals, climb around Treetops, our six story observational
tree-house, or simply enjoy the outdoors while walking our five miles of
interpretive trails, which meander through a mature deciduous forest,
along gorges and streams, and past a variety of native plants and wildlife.

Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute (www.fingerlakespermaculture.org) is
a project of CNC providing affordable and experiential learning events
in the Finger Lakes bioregion of New York State. We offer two annual
Permaculture Design Certification courses, monthly brunches featuring
local farmers, and a variety of other programming for children and adults.

CNC HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Sunday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Trails are open to the pubic from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year.
General Admission: $3 Adults, $2 Seniors/Students, $1 Kids
1420 Taughannock Blvd., Ithaca, NY 14850. 607-273-6260
http://www.cayuganaturecenter.org

Earn your permaculture design certificate.
The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
offers affordable local classes.
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org

  • [permaculture] Permaculture Design Apprenticeships, Ithaca NY. 5/16 deadline, Michael Burns, 04/17/2008