permaculture - Re: [permaculture] feeding people without cheap oil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: trevor william johnson <john2116@msu.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] feeding people without cheap oil
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 22:33:27 -0400

as the perennial optimist...

i believe that yield is more a factor of the human mind then the environment. paul stamets transformed a pile of soil contaminated wit diesel fuel to a large amount of sale-able shaggy mane mushrooms. i also herd on npr today that some soil micro organisms can live off of antibiotics. so even in an environment that humans think (through our scientific knowledge hahaha) is unsuitable for life and abundance nature finds a way and we can to by observing those patterns....and also a greatly decreased reproduction rate. so it seems nature is always finding ways and humans struggle to keep even relatively close to the new methods and patterns nature uses.

trevor