permaculture - [permaculture] oops - Cabbage Maggots cont'd

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tracy Dee Cook <tracydeecook@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] oops - Cabbage Maggots cont'd
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:29:42 -0700 (PDT)

oops - meant to save that last email as a draft email and accidently sent it
- arg

short story is I planted the cabbage by a knee high allium and the cabbage
closest to the allium kept the cabbage moths at bay. the cabbage I had
planted near to the oregono plant still attracted a moth

might be a stretch for your rhutbagas - but I intercropping showed good
results at my place

Also, This resource guide might be helpful for this question or others
similar,
IPM Integrated Pest Management http://www.entomology.umn.edu/cues/

Includes bug pictures and info

Take care and let us know how it goes!
Tracy
Tracy Dee Cook <tracydeecook@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi, Andrew - I'm here in
Minnesota too.

I tried an experiment last summer and had interesting /good results

I planted 3 cabbage just to see if the cabbage moths would come

Andrew French wrote: Does anybody have any experience with controlling
cabbage maggots? I want to
grow Rutabagas in MN in zone 3b and evidently they are a problem there. I've
read that ladybeetles may help.

Andrew French
Google command to search archives: