permaculture - [permaculture] Used cooking oil vehicles? svo pollution?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Charles de Matas <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Used cooking oil vehicles? svo pollution?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:47:15 +0000

I think other things can be done with WVO. People who have tried it in
biogas digesters have reported good results in increased methane production.
If there are problems using it in vehicles in cold climates, then maybe
people in those climates should use it as a heating fuel to heat their homes.
Maybe there is some efficient burner that will burn it cleanly and provide
heat. I've read about something called a babington burner that might work.

Charles.