permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Penalizing Farmers

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Trudie Redding" <tredding@mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Penalizing Farmers
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:43:00 -0600

I'm reading Ogallala revised in 2000-about the underground aquiver and
the history of use of water in the region, has a lot of info about
farming-several states, western KS, TX, Colorado etc. includes info
about Mobil oil's use of much of the irreplaceable water-it comes from
the Arctic-level has gone down permanently

Sort of a paradym shift view of what subsidy means, I mean I had a
change of view with this book and the movie "Corn" and am rethinking
subsidy.

Trudie