permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Joe Polaischer

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Darren Doherty" <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, "permacultue discussion list" <pil-pc-oceania@lists.permacultureinternational.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Joe Polaischer
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:46:59 +0100

Good morning Robyn,

Thank you so much for your eloquence - we are very saddened by this news and
our thoughts and prayers are with Trish. He was quite a bloke and people out
there might not know how much he did in too short a life.

Thank you to you and Geoff for taking the step of leading the PDC starting
in the next couple of weeks.

Darren, Lisa, Isaebella, Pearl & Zane

On 14/02/2008, Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au> wrote:

> I've just received the sad news that Joe Polaischer passed away at 3.30this
> morning.
>
> Joe's had a brain tumour removed late last year, which grew back at a
> rapid
> rate over the past 2 months and has claimed his life.
>
> Joe's passing will be deeply felt by permaculture friends and colleagues
> around the world, and especially in the German-speaking countries of
> Europe
> and by the New Zealand pc community.
>
> Words fail me to adequately express my feelings at this time, and to
> honour
> the incredibly legacy he leaves behind, so please forgive the brevity of
> this announcement - it is not intended as an obituary.
>
> Joe and Trish had a PDC organised to commence Friday 22nd Feb. One of his
> dying wishes was this course proceed, that permaculture work continue
> beyond
> and without him. The permaculture teachers in NZ felt to overwrought with
> grief to be able to teach at this time so Geoff Lawton and myself will be
> teaching this course to honour Joe and to support Trish and the pc
> community
> there.
>
> My thoughts are with Trish - please take some time over the coming days to
> send love and light to strengthen and support her through her grief, and
> remember Joe and celebrate the incredible work he has done for the earth,
> for permaculture and the legacy he has gifted for the future.
>
> Thank you Joe for your inspiration and dedication - sleep well in the arms
> of mother earth...
>
> Robyn Francis

> Google command to search archives:

Hooroo,
Darren J. Doherty
www.permaculture.biz

US Cell: +1 805 455.8914
Yahoo Voice Phone: +1 310 237 6970

WORLD TOUR 2007/8
North America/Europe
Permaculture Design Certificate Course (72hours)
Keyline Design Course (2-6days)