permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Teleconference w/ Joel Salatin Wed. evening

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Teleconference w/ Joel Salatin Wed. evening
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:11:43 -0500

Rainbow Vogt wrote:

Becoming a credentialed CAM practitioner in Jin Shin
Jyutsu is the most recent aspect of my preparation for a career in
researching integrative medicine.

Jin Shin Jyutusu and plant-based nutrition are the means by which I promote
health self-sufficiency in my professional and personal life. Through Jin
Shin Jyutsu, I practice methods of healing that can be used for numerous
conditions, covering the mental, emotional, and physical spectrum. Jin Shin
Jyutsu can be self-applied, so it is a particularly useful tool for health
self-sufficiency. Likewise, food is the means by which we nourish ourselves
and dietary choices represent a critical juncture of our understanding of
self-care for optimal health. Studying nutrition and toxicology, especially
with regard to maternal and child health, provided me with the skills to
assess environmental disease exposure. Jin Shin Jyutsu and nutrition are the
methods I will use to research prevention of diseases starting at the
preconception stage.

This is very interesting. Is Jin Shin Jyutusu a Japanese or Chinese health
discipline?
What is CAM; is it the same thing as TCM (traditional Chinese Medicine)?

What are your thoughts on raw foods dieting? maintaining adequate levels of
B3 vitamin and Omega3 Fatty Acids?
Also I hear that the fats in organically grown grass pasture fed red meats are important to good health, vegans and vegetarians included.

I wish you luck with your career. The world needs more integrative medicine
practitioners like you.

Thanks for posting this interesting information about your career to the PC
list.

LL