permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The First American Permaculture Convergence......?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The First American Permaculture Convergence......?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:29:03 -0500

Keith Johnson wrote:

The First American Permaculture Convergence.....

The Aussies are having their 9thPC in 2008.

Aren't we a bit overdue? Somewhere in the center of the country would be good. Kansas?
KJ
Of course that would limit attendance to those with the time and money
they can afford to spend on such an event. Is this just for permaculture
professionals and leaders in the movement?

This should be a networked event happening in a lot of locations around the
USA.
Networked with people with laptops/wireless access/video cameras, audio
recording
equipment and digital photos accompanied with descriptive text.
All could happen in Blog space and in Wikis.

We can start a new seed savers exchange and we can oorganize and have a
nationwide
distributed permaculture convergence. This would serve two purposes:
1- having a national convergence, folks knowing others are doing the same
thing
at the same time across the country
2- getting local permaculture groups or guilds started

What about it?