permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Question about salt in my compost, salt in the ecosystem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dylan Ford <dford@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Question about salt in my compost, salt in the ecosystem
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:44:52 -0500

From: "Keith Johnson"
Subject: Re: [permaculture] Question about salt in my compost, salt in the
ecosystem

> In your part of the world (I used to live in W. NC) you should have more
> than enough rainfall to make your concerns moot. The salts should be
> carried harmlessly away.
>
> Look into the use of "sea solids" for fertilizer. ACRES USA has carried
> stories about it for years
.

PS - Neither you nor your compost nor your plants should be ingesting any
"Table Salt".

Unrefined sea salt is the best source of micronutrients for all of yiz.
dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.