permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Dry farming [Fwd: [SANET-MG] soil's influence on transpiration]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Dry farming [Fwd: [SANET-MG] soil's influence on transpiration]
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 08:10:00 -0500

Look into Vandanva Shiva's work and her promotion of the use of neem seed for
household and agricultural use.
She might have other information that applies to your situation.

Here's a book that might interest you written by Paolo Soleri's daughter:

"Food From Dryland Gardens. An ecological, nutritional and
social approach to small-scale household food production"
by David A. Cleveland and Daniela Soleri
Illustrated by Daniela Soleri
1991
Center For People Food and the Environmant
Tuscon, Arizona, USA, CFPE
With support from UNICEF

From Google Books:
http://books.google.com/books

http://books.google.com/books?q=Dry+Farming&hl=en

Dry-farming: Its Principles and Practice
by William Macdonald - Dry farming - 1909 - 290 pages
Full view - About this book - In my library [ Remove ] - More editions

Dry Farming
by John A. Widtsoe - Technology - 2004 - 180 pages
The run-off is usually large and is a serious loss, especially in dry-farming regions, where the absence of luxuriant vegetation, the somewhat hard, sun-baked...
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Dry-farming: A System of Agriculture for Countries Under a Low Rainfall -
Page 1
by John Andreas Widtsoe - Dry farming - 1911 - 445 pages
In districts of torrential rains, high winds, unfavorable distribution of the
rainfall, or other water-dissipating factors, the term " dry-farming " is
also ...
Full view - About this book - Add to my library

Dry Farming in India
by Narayan Vinayak Kanitkar, Shantaram Shankar Sirur, Dattatraya Hari Gokhale
- Dry farming - 1960 - 470 pages
"Supplement": p. [339]-470.
Snippet view - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Soil Conditions and Plant Growth - Page 417
by Edward John Russell - Science - 1961
Dry Farming Dry fanning is farming under conditions of water shortage when
irrigation cannot be used, and it includes the systems of agriculture in use
Snippet view - About this book - Add to my library - More editions