permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: Innovation in the Urban Wilderness: Lightweight Infrastructure Meets Cooperative Strategy]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: Innovation in the Urban Wilderness: Lightweight Infrastructure Meets Cooperative Strategy]
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:00:39 -0500

Possibilities for the present too. Learning from the "barrios"
-Excellent! -just what I needed for a CityPermaculture article I'm
working on -Also reminds me of some of what, my teenage idol,
Buckminster Fuller was onto back in the day -the Macro is as the
Micro...

see Buckminster Fuller Institute's latest - http://www.bfi.org/

L.Santoyo

Globally, nationally, regionally, locally networked, smartlinked and streamlined
production and services marketing and distribution networks. Possibilities for the future. - LL
======

http://iftf.org/docs/SR_1050_Innovation_in_the_Urban_Wilderness_intro.pdf

http://iftf.org/features/reports.html
Innovation in the Urban Wilderness: Lightweight Infrastructure Meets Cooperative Strategy (SR-1050, December 2006, Technology Horizons Program)

http://iftf.org/docs/SR_1050_Innovation_in_the_Urban_Wilderness_intro.pdf

"Lightweight infrastructure is a broad category of technologies that are enabling us to build
networks for moving people, processing goods, and communicating and sharing information
that are very different in scale and function from the industrial infrastructures of the 20th
century ..."

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: Innovation in the Urban Wilderness: Lightweight Infrastructure Meets Cooperative Strategy], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/04/2008