permaculture - [permaculture] Listserve

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: J Hobbs <hobbsj@efn.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Listserve
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:28:29 -0800

--

WOW!
I drift in and out of this group when the posts go to list serve techie stuff -- disrespectful communications or extensive politicsŠ.

But I am really listening now-

Over the past several years, very similar exchanges have taken place-though this time there has been a quantum leap-CAPPED expletives to one of our members-I believe that is a firstŠ.

We are in the midst of exhibiting a species wide challengeŠ this time in communication-

What is the opportunity in this crisis?
As humans, we have the intellectual and emotion capacity to have unbridled respect for one another-within this respect is the Permaculture Ethic: Care for People-

How will we get down the 'sustainable' road when we are absorbed in such idiosyncratic conversations?

I believe it was Che Guevara who said something like:
The Left have their firing squads in a circle...

Are we not all on the same side?? How much of our life energies' do we need to utilize to distract us from the true work of Caring for the Earth?

I offer some simple guidelines for shifting toward positivism on this site:

o Clearly state intentions and or needs-
o Listen more and judge less
o And then get onto the next thing

A part of me would like to bolt from this list-not be supportive of discourteous actions--but then am I being like the rest of society running from what is uncomfortable-or stay and be part of the solution?

My partner, Jerome, has subscribed to a recently emerged group:
Perma-Psychology: http://groups.google.com/group/perma-psychology?hl=en
He recommends this might be the place to bring inter-personal (Zone 00) topics for dialogue.

Let's see if we can evolve our tendency toward war and go for peace.

Wishing you a bountiful 2008,

Jude
http://www.cascadiapermaculture.com