permaculture - [permaculture] Post Carbon Cities: Planning for Energy and Climate Uncertainty

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Post Carbon Cities: Planning for Energy and Climate Uncertainty
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:13:43 -0500

****New book from Pc Activist <http://permacultureactivist.net/booksvid/Energy.htm>*

Post Carbon Cities: Planning for Energy and Climate Uncertainty: A Guidebook on Peak Oil and Global Warming for Local Governments*
by Daniel Lerch2007, 113pp, $29

Post Carbon Cities: Planning for Energy and Climate Uncertainty is a guidebook on peak oil and global warming for people who work with and for local governments in the United States and Canada. It provides a sober look at how these phenomena are quickly creating new uncertainties and vulnerabilities for cities of all sizes, and explains what local decision-makers can do to address these challenges.

Post Carbon Cities fills an important gap in the resources currently available to local government decision-makers on planning for the changing global energy and climate context of the 21st century.

"How will we cope with a future of energy scarcity? As a policy
maker I look to other communities for inspiration and ideas, but
there's been a lack of information on what local governments are
doing to adapt to Peak Oil. Post Carbon Cities fills this gap:
herein lies the roadmap plotted by the cities that are leading the
way. Enthusiastically recommended!"
Dave Rollo, City Council President, Blooomington, Indiana

"Post Carbon Cities is an exceptionally clear and comprehensive
call-to-action to those who actually work in the trenches of city
governance. We don't have any more time to waste getting ready for
an energy-scarcer future, and for those who remain dazed and
confused, this book is an excellent place to start."
--James Howard Kunstler, author of The Long Emergency and The
Geography of Nowhere

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."
Permaculture Activist Magazine
PO Box 5516, Bloomington, IN 47407
(812) 335-0383
http://www.permacultureactivist.net
http://www.PermacultureTradingPost.com
Switch to Solar Power the Easy Way
http://www.jointhesolution.com/KeithJ-SunPower
http://www.PowUr.com/KeithJ-SunPower
Blog: http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/design/Designconsult.html
http://www.ARCulture.org
also APPLE-Bloomington (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy) It's a
small world after oil.
also Bloomington Permaculture Guild
http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/

  • [permaculture] Post Carbon Cities: Planning for Energy and Climate Uncertainty, Keith Johnson, 12/30/2007