permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Seeking seeds!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Seeking seeds!
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:38:05 -0500

Norris Thomlinson wrote:
Hi all,

I've spent the past week organizing my seed orders for this coming year. Before I place the orders, I thought I'd see whether anyone out there has reliable seeds I could trade for.

I don't really have saved seed of my own to trade, but most of the seeds I order will probably come in packets with more seeds than what I need, so I could trade those. If you live in the area, I could also trade some of the plants we have around the yard, or the extra plants listed at my Discount Permaculture website.

If you have extras of what I'm looking for and want to trade, please email me! You can see my wanted list at:

http://farmerscrub.blogspot.com/2007/12/seeking-seeds.html

Great blog; I've linked to it from mine. Can you set up the usual Blogger RSS
feed
so I can add that to my blog also? Go to customize, settings, site feed,
allow blog feed (full).
To ad other blog's RRS feeds it is an option under customize, add a page
element, feed.

Commercial grower vegetable seed sources updated list:

Rupp Seeds Inc.
17919 County Road B
Wauseon, OH 43567-9458
(419) 337-1841
(419) 337-5491 FAX
http://www.ruppseeds.com/default.htm

Mountain Valley Seed Co.
http://www.mvseeds.com/
801-486-0480

Dorsing Seeds, Inc.
http://www.dorsingseeds.com/index.aspx
(208) 674-1020
(208) 736-1945

Stokes Seeds
http://www.stokeseeds.com/cgi-bin/StokesSeeds.storefront
1-800-263-7233

Clifton Seed Co.
Faison, NC
910 267 2690

Johnny's Seeds
Commercial Division
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/home.aspx?ct=CM
Mailing Address:
Johnny's Selected Seeds
955 Benton Avenue
Winslow, Maine
04901
Phone: Toll Free: 877-Johnnys (877-564-6697)
Business Line: 207-861-3900
Catalog Store: 207-861-3999
Fax (US Only): 1-800-738-6314
Fax (Non-US): 1-207-861-8363
Hours of Operation: (EST)
Jan. 3rd - May 31st:
- Mon: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Tues. through Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sat (Jan. 7 - May 27th): 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
June 1st - Dec. 31st:
- Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Johnny's Catalog Store:
- Mon, Thurs and Fri: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Phone Numbers/E-mail:
207-861-3999 Catalog Store
207-861-3901 International Inquiries
207-861-3900 Public Relations
207-861-3903 Questions or Problems
207-861-3902 Ext. 281 Sprouting Seed/Bioset Seed Sprouter & Seed Rack
Program:
Joy Frost

Dorsing Seeds, Inc.
http://www.dorsingseeds.com/index.aspx
(208) 674-1020
(208) 736-1945
very wide selection, wholesale only but their seeds are carried by:

Mountain Valley Seed Co.
http://www.mvseeds.com/
801-486-0480

Clifton Seed Coompany
http://www.cliftonseed.com
2586 N.C. 403 South
P.O. Box 206
Faison, NC 28341
Phone: (910)267-2690
Fax: (910)267-2692
Toll Free: (800)231-9359
They offer online and printed catalogues
open pollinated, untreated & treated & hybrid varieties
and are planning to begin carrying certified organic seed
- excellent grower pricing, lower shipping costs to Piedmont farmers
- they will do special orders any time of year but you have to pay shipping
from their sources
before the date they normally stock the item
(Ex. 50# Bloomsdale spinach @ $4.35/.lb + UPS from Idaho as opposed UPS from
Faison in Spring)

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.