permaculture - [permaculture] waterglass paint recipes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] waterglass paint recipes
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:58:54 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone have any waterglass (potassium or sodium silicate) paint recipes
for exterior earth plaster? I tried the recipe on the container for sealing
concrete (one part solution to three parts water), but it seemed too thin. I
mixed it with some local soil. It definitely improved the plaster's
resistance to erosion and water, but only slightly. I'm going to try a
stronger solution without soil mixed in next.

Thanks,

Rain

  • [permaculture] waterglass paint recipes, Rain Tenaqiya, 12/12/2007