permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Videos from NetworkEarth.org

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Videos from NetworkEarth.org
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:16:58 -0500

In the mid 90's Shannyn Sollit produced a series of Permaculture videos featuring Bill Mollison and some of them are still available and highly recommended. The two tree talks are still my favorites.

These videos are documents from two design courses taught by Bill
Mollison at the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose Texas in
1994 and 1995. They are a definitive selection from our original 16
part series. These tapes bear many viewings and will benefit anyone
who wants to learn how to help regenerate the earth - from back yard
to bio-region. Teachers of permaculture have found these tapes to be
a valuable coaching tool - edited to one hour.
We are open to making special arrangements to print specific titles
for dedicated teachers of Permaculture or for front line nonprofit
permaculture institutes and projects.

The Bill Mollison Permaculture Lecture Series Videotapes are $24 per
tape, plus shipping and handling. Shipping (in the USA) is $4 for
one tape, and $1 for each additional tape.

You can look at the complete list at http://www.networkearth.org/perma/culture.html#Permaculture

Maybe, if demand increased, some of the out-of-stock titles could be reoffered. It would be especially great if these could be remastered to DVD.

*Pattern In Traditional Society (#A02)* *Order Form <http://www.networkearth.org/perma/form.html>*

Understanding patterns in nature has been essential to human
survival since antiquity. This knowledge has been encoded and passed
on through time in many forms of art and craft.

*Trees 1 (#A06)* *Order Form <http://www.networkearth.org/perma/form.html>*

The tree is life - profound, magnificent, and mysterious. To learn
what little we can know of trees is sufficient to leave one
awestruck and reverent.

*Trees 2 (#A07)* *Order Form <http://www.networkearth.org/perma/form.html>*

Why is a tree green? Where does a tree end or begin? Why have all
human societies destroyed the tree? A Mollison rave.

*Aquaculture (#A13)* *Order Form <http://www.networkearth.org/perma/form.html>*

Once one has learned to harvest water, then the real fun begins with
production of the myriad of foods and marketable commodities hosted
by ponds and other water-rich environments.

*Planting In Drylands (#A14)* *Order Form <http://www.networkearth.org/perma/form.html>*

There are a multitude of ways to harvest, conserve, and utilize
water. These strategies apply to coastal regions or islands with
with zero precipitation, arid lands, as well as to areas with
plentiful seasonal rainfall.

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."
Permaculture Activist Magazine
PO Box 5516, Bloomington, IN 47407
(812) 335-0383
http://www.permacultureactivist.net
http://www.PermacultureTradingPost.com
Switch to Solar Power the Easy Way
http://www.jointhesolution.com/KeithJ-SunPower
http://www.PowUr.com/KeithJ-SunPower
Blog: http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/design/Designconsult.html
http://www.ARCulture.org
also APPLE-Bloomington (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy) It's a
small world after oil.
also Bloomington Permaculture Guild