permaculture - [permaculture] (OT) "absurd and irresponsible."

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] (OT) "absurd and irresponsible."
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:28:14 -0400

October 31, 2007
Kucinich questions Bush's mental health

Kucinich, with wife Elizabeth, questioned the president's mental health.

(CNN) — Strong words from Democratic presidential contender Dennis Kucinich may be nothing new, but his comments to a newspaper Tuesday questioning President Bush’s mental health are raising a few eyebrows.

“I seriously believe we have to start asking questions about his mental health," the Ohio congressman told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "There's something wrong. He does not seem to understand his words have real impact."

Kucinich's comments were in reference to the president's recent remarks on Iran, in which he suggested World War III could occur if the country obtained nuclear capabilities.

“I've told people that, if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon," Bush said at a news conference earlier this month.

The Democratic presidential candidate later said he does not consider questioning the Bush's mental health inappropriate, according the Inquirer's Web site.

“You cannot be a President of the United States who's wanton in his expression of violence," Kucinich said. "There's a lot of people who need care. He might be one of them. If there isn't something wrong with him, then there's something wrong with us. This, to me, is a very serious question."

A Republican National Committee spokesman called the comments "absurd and
irresponsible."

– CNN Political Desk Managing Editor Steve Brusk

  • [permaculture] (OT) "absurd and irresponsible.", Lawrence F. London, Jr., 10/31/2007