permaculture - Re: [permaculture] News Sources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: chauncey williams <chaunceyfree@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] News Sources
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:42:51 -0700 (PDT)

democracy now

great news resource.

Paula Hatfield <paulahatfield@yahoo.com> wrote: I read a variety of online
news sources ---

Huffington Post
Watching America
Raw Story
Truthout
Bloomberg

I read two blogs almost every day:
The Oil Drum
Firedoglake
okay, maybe three --- The Next Hurrah or Talking Points Memo

Then,
I might hit the following sites to see their spin (very quick look/see)
MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN and even the DrudgeReport for headlines.

Another good resource is this: www.memeorandum.com
It's spelled correctly --- it tracks and updates entries to blogs ....
actually it is a very good resource; updates every 5 minutes.

Good luck! Much happening in current events.

KNat wrote: I goofed today and let my computer reset when I now learn news
everywhere has warned not to. This points out I have gotten a bit
extreme in my rejection of common media. Farmers, Beekeepers, Activists,
Peace Educators just haven't talked about daily time (lots of universal
time phase changes LOL.)
What news sources do others on this list find valuable?

Kathyann

“In Africa there’s a proverb that says ‘if you want to go quickly, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together’, we have to go far, quickly.”
--- Al Gore, Nobel Peace Prize 2007
“My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son
will ride a camel.”
—Saudi saying

“What people need to hear loud and clear is that we're running out of energy
in America.”
—George W. Bush, May 2001