permaculture - Re: [permaculture] talking to ants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] talking to ants
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:04:19 -0400

SArjuna@aol.com wrote:

I too talked to the ants that were walking all over my kitchen counters. I told them that after 24 hours, any ant I saw there would be squished, and that they should go home and tell all their relatives. 24 hours later, not an ant in sight.
I did see a couple after a while, and reluctantly squished them. Figured they were testing my resolve.

You could hav trapped the stragglers and released them unharmed outside to
build elaborate ant mounds
while rototilling your soil. They would have earned their keep. Just think,
they meander down life's path
then zig when they should have zagged and encounter the mighty hand of
sarjuna as their adventure ends unceremoniously.
What would Sri Ramakrishna have done?

That took care of it. It does take yearly repetition, to some extent.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj@intrex.net