permaculture - [permaculture] easy way each of us can reduce pesticide by the ton

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] easy way each of us can reduce pesticide by the ton
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:25:09 -0500

Yes, Larry, demonstration sites and areas of attraction on the natural side.
People are like clones, homo see, homo do. My naturescape habitat is
certified by State of Texas, National Wildlife Federation and listed in the
American Garden Museum. It is a great demo site. I have built habitats for
schools and working with NWF assisted them in teaching teachers the value of
a habitat. I also gave about 24 native habitat presentations a year.
Demonstration by attraction is the best way to go as well as hitting up the
children. Double-barreled approach. We have an organization,
www.urbanharvest.org that has over 150 school vegetable gardens.

Massive widespread education will help convert and there will be fear mixed
up in all this.

So.....thanks for your comment. It helped clarify my stand.

For organic, natural, native data (as well as works) on habitats, see:

www.hal-pc.org/~garden
www.celestialhabitats.com

J. Kolenovsky
(former V-P, Native Plant Society of Texas)
with fruit from Orange, Lime, Lemon, Papaya and Mango
and lots of honeybees

Message: 5