permaculture - [permaculture] Question about solar panels

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lisa Rollens" <rollens@fidnet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Question about solar panels
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:01:04 -0500

Hi everybody,

I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. I have access to most of the parts for a solar water heating system. I already have one, though, and am wondering if there is a different use for this kind of a setup. The system I have is new as of last summer and has round tubes for heating the water. I don't know what this other system has, but they are not plain multi-use solar panels and the system is not new. As a matter of fact, the owner said it would cost more to fix the system than buy a new one. Anyone have any ideas? I can already see how little I know about what is available, so I will try to find out more.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa, in the Ozarks of MO, USA