permaculture - [permaculture] July 4, 2007

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] July 4, 2007
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:45:21 -0500

Today I recall the broken promise of the Declaration of Independence.
We hold these truths to be self-evident . . . all humans are created equal.
Curtailed by the Constitution, the promise languishes in obscurity.
The Dubya class (the rich and well born) stands in power over the people
The removal of political control over the economy may not imprison my soul.
Today I withhold permission.
I exist to grow my soul to fullness.
No piece of paper may prevent that work.
From the wreckage of nature, eyes bright, my soul peers, eager for the next right thing.
Ecocities: Permaculture scaled large enough to save civilization.
Civilization freed from the fallacy of dominion.
Prevent a collapse back to the Dark Ages.
My soul says this is the real work.
Check out ecocitybuilders.org.
Read /Ecocities: Rebuilding Cities in Balance with Nature/ by Richard Register, Revised Edition, New Society Publishers.
Economy means housekeeping, not oppressing our source.
Adam Smith's 'enlightened self-interest' means reclaiming the future from dominion.

Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX

  • [permaculture] July 4, 2007, Tommy Tolson, 07/04/2007