permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A Global Cultural Revolution

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A Global Cultural Revolution
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:41:32 -0500

I suspect that if I examine a person's action in the world through the Five-Fold Path model, it's true and appropriate action. Healing, Consciousness Change, Resistance, Alternatives, and Creating Community. All have to be done. I'm not big on Resistance, either, but I'm crazy grateful to those who are, and who find more and more effective ways to do it. My brand of Resistance embraces violence (I have a mature Warrior archetype) and results in long prison terms, so I avoid it because a significant amount of my usefulness to nature can't happen in prison. I concentrate instead on healing, as a shamanic practitioner, Consciousness Change, as someone with a shamanic vision of humanity's place in the natural order ( from which my fictions arise ), Alternatives, in my various organizing projects (such as Life Circle, a nature religion, and Austin Ecology Center, an educational 501(c)(3) that is still just a gleam in my eye, so to speak) and Creating Community by and within the rest of my actions in the world.

I channel (sublimate?) the outrage that I've carried for 40-some years into the rest of my work.

So it's all good, if we're acting consciously and within Permaculture ethics.
Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX