permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Perennail Vegetable book

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Perennail Vegetable book
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

About 70 pages of book, 120 pages of perennial vegetable guide, and then
about 20 pages of resources and further reading.

I have used the book to good effect at a NYC farmer market. I had one farmer
telling me that there were only "two" perennial vegetables: asparagus and
[something else I'm blanking at the moment]. I happen to have this book with
me to dispute his claim and introduce him to the Edible Forest Garden book,
as well.

Since this vendor often carried unusual products compared to the other
vendors, I saw potential openness to new directions. I presented the concept
worth at least trying as a hobby, but potentially useful for food production
when other vendors were unable to compete.

I'll follow up with him in the coming weeks.

Another vendor will be hosting my family so I can check out his personal
property. I've given him gallons of mead, so have a well established
connection.

-Sean.
Sharon Gordon <gordonse@one.net> wrote: Anyone get to see this yet and have a
review?

Perennial Vegetables: From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, A Gardener's Guide to
Over 100 Delicious and Easy to Grow Edibles
by Eric Toensmeier

Sharon
gordonse@one.net