permaculture - Re: [permaculture] more on greenschooling

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Primal Parent" <primalparent@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] more on greenschooling
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:07:20 +0000

jenny-

for the past five months i have been slowly collecting information for a 'Childrens Permaculture Resource Network' that i hope will help link the children's gardening movement with primitive skills and the "old ways". i was also pissed at how little permaculture stuff there is out there specifically for kids. i'm shooting for winter solstice as the virtual "opening day". but being an aspiring luddite i might make it be completely off-line. i dont know yet.

i have taken some time off from the project as we are trying to start a home-business so we can keep homeschooling our kids and devote more time to them and the farm.

if you're interested i have compiled lists of books, courses, articles, curriculum, films, schools, organizations, individuals, zines, and so forth that deal with bascially anything relating to "kids & plants". i have been slowly collecting these things for years and seriously cataloguing it the past couple months. if there is something specific i'd be glad to post whatever i've got or can recommend.

good luck with that,
roman