permaculture - [permaculture] Pollies and permies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Riley <reuselumber@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Pollies and permies
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:41:57 -0700 (PDT)

I like that this is an international listserv. I can see, and I respect, the
differences in the approach to permaculture on different continents and in
various bioregions. Focusing on politics of one specific area is
counter-productive, just as focusing on one religion and trying to marry it
to permaculture is counter-productive.

Myopic viewpoints and opinions are an egotistic internet fantasy.

I am losing sight of the PERMACULTURE topics that provide value to me,
amongst the banter of egotists that need to drive their point home
(concerning off-topic subjects). I also practice self-censorship on this
list to allow for all points of view but, I find that I have to delete entire
digests consisting of days worth of topics because I see no value in tired
subjects, by the same names.

Ken, when I see your name now, or anyone referring to the politician that you
feel the need to rant on about, or the word POLITICS, I delete the message or
skip it. Through your adamant stance you have, in my view, assigned your own
name and subject to the no read list.

At first, you seemed to have valid things to contribute to Permaculture
discussion, please don't lose yourself in trying to be right about this topic
or you may be going to negative reaction about your subject matter.

Regards,

David

8. Re: Politics-Is it relevant to Permaculture? (Kenneth Benway)