permaculture - [permaculture] Work Boot Sources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Work Boot Sources
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 01:33:38 -0400

Stock up on the USA made Redwing boots while they are available. I had a pair
of Wesco's years ago but switched to
Redwing 10" logger steel toe. I have run through about 6 pair and still have
two new pair in reserve. I used them for
landscape contracting and now for market gardening - digging beds, planting
trees. If you're working outdoors and using
shovels you'll get more work done with less energy spent with these 10 RW
logger boots. Good snake protection too.
Excellent alternatives would be any of the Carolina, the Hall and Wesco lineman or Danner. There are several models in 10". Probably as good as Red Wing. RW went to part synthetic materials years ago, a piece that wraps around the heel.
The Halls are cheaper by $50 for equivalent value. RW's will be sold only at
dealerships and the 10" logger steel toe
will be about $225.00.

Work, Lineman, Safety & Logger Boots
-
Carolina
http://www.carolinashoe.com/
Many types and styles

Hall
http://www.hallssafety.com/catalog_boots/boots.htm

Weinbrenner
http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/

Redwing
Danner
Wesco

Work boots
-
Carrhardt (available from Tractor Supply)(made by Redwing)
Chippewa
Justin
Wolverine
Georgia