permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:40:38 +1000

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Sharon Gordon wrote:
> I am looking for how many square metres/feet an area measurement of a cent
> is. I have seen some references to a 25 cent plot of land. Looked at the
> online measurement conversion site without finding cent as an area of
> measurement. Any ideas?

If these guys don't have it, it probably doesn't exist:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/area.htm

They've got a centiare - which equates to a square metre. In context
did the plot sound like it would be about 25 square metres?

What was the context, btw? You could write to them and complain
that after spending three rhubarbs trying to find out what the heck
they're talking about, you're none the wiser -- then encourage them
to embrace SI units, just like the grown-ups have.

Jedd.