permaculture - [permaculture] Journalist seeks Jewish farmers!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Snow <msnow@valley.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Journalist seeks Jewish farmers!
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 17:27:15 -0400

Hello all,

A friend of mine is a journalist writing an article on Jewish farmers. Are there any out there on this list? She is looking, in her words,

to get in touch with farmers who have either struck out against the more "acceptable" Jewish-American career paths to follow their passions or who may have gone into farming after visiting Israel and was taken with the kibbutz mentality or the spiritual connection of Jews working the land.

If this is you - or someone you know - and are willing to make conversation, I'd like to get you in touch. Please send me a note off-list.

To those of you who sent ideas and help with my last post (teaching design with high school students), many thanks. I'm sorry if I didn't reply quickly - the school year sucks us in and doesn't spit us out until summertime.

Thanks and best,

Mike