permaculture - Re: [permaculture] what makes black locust wood last so long? is itsafe for gardens?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] what makes black locust wood last so long? is itsafe for gardens?
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:51:57 -0500

This reminds me. . .

Earlier I wrote about a community garden that was contemplating using railroad ties for the border for the garden. Quite a few people sent in info about the dangers of creosote, which I sent to the organizers. The next morning the railroad ties were gone.

Bob Waldrop, OKC

----- Original Message ----- From: "paul wheaton" <paul@richsoil.com>