permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Are mobile phones wiping out our bees?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LINDARAY@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Are mobile phones wiping out our bees?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:53:19 +0000

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your very insightful and informative post. I'm sorry to hear about
the loss of your bees last year. At the same time I am grateful that it was
*last* year, and that you were able to rebuild with a new population.

It sounds like a uniquely specialized set of problems beekeepers must deal
with in an urban setting. I see you positioned with a singular opportunity to
develop answers and to further the spread of Stewardship, which is an
admirable thing IMO. I can see the title of your future book now-
'Specialized Problems Of The Urban Backyard Beekeeper'.

I have to say that I disagree with the statement about backyard beekeeping
being 'evil'- I see it as a benign and valuable expression of Stewardship.

The dried sugar cane juice sounds like a far better/healthier option for the
bees than the white-sugarwater. I am not a beekeeper, but I applaud you for
your obvious caring and your careful attention to detail.

BTW I want to make it clear to everyone on the list and especially to you,
Eugene, that my previous post was not intended to be a criticism of
*anybody*. Those were/are my thoughts, that's all, and I thank you for your
response.

Sincerely,
Linda Ray, Founder
Linda Ray Research