permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PR/ Keyline Design & Sustainable Agriculture with Darren Doherty, Santa Barbara CA April 21-May 4 2007

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "mossmans" <mossmans@internode.on.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PR/ Keyline Design & Sustainable Agriculture with Darren Doherty, Santa Barbara CA April 21-May 4 2007
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:27:16 +1000

-----Original Message-----
Just a few comments on this program.

I was lucky to be beside a yeomans plow at the recent Permaculture Display
at the Sydney Royal Easter Show, and it is a magic piece of equipment, I
just wish I could justify one on 2 acres, with no tractor!! Many farming
people were amazed when we discussed contour ploughing and the benefits of
using this method.

Also Darren is a very interesting & experienced fellow, seems to sleep and
dream keyline, and I am envious to think that this kind of program can run
in the US, and not in the country of origin of both the concepts and the
trainer!! Water and soil fertility is a problem everywhere.

Please Darren, consider running one down under. (and can you pull it with a
ute!!)

Sue