permaculture - [permaculture] Aurora Farm Family Foundation-- Finding a Home

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Aurora Farm Family Foundation-- Finding a Home
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:11:35 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SANET-MG] Aurora Farm Family Foundation-- Finding a Home
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:13:26 -0700
From: Woody Wodraska <wodraska@MAC.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

/Aurora Farm Family Foundation--/
/Finding a Home/

*Who we are: *Barbara M V Scott and Woody Wodraska [see Biographies]
<http://www.soulmedicinejourney.com/Bios.html> long-time Biodynamic
growers and founders of Aurora Farm Family Foundation [see Mission
Statement]
<http://www.soulmedicinejourney.com/AFFF--Mission> dedicated to
teaching Biodynamic composting and land stewardship.

*What We Are About: *We are taking our work with Biodynamically-grown
heirloom seeds, our teachings about land stewardship and compost
making, to the next step. Aurora Farm manifests now to carry Rudolf
Steiner's original spiritual impulse for agriculture into the world.
[see What Is Biodynamics?] <http://www.soulmedicinejourney.com/WIB.html>

*Where We Wish To Be: *We have too often been isolated. We will join
with people already situated on land--a small community, farm, ranch
or vineyard--whose vision includes education, right livelihood, and a
"universiy of the future." We aim to be with people who have lived and
breathed land stewardship. We hope you will have a look at our
website, URL noted below, but here are a few highlights:

* Barbara created Aurora Farm in British Columbia in 1989, which soon
became the first Biodynamic seed company in North America. She also
holds a MSc degree in wildlife biology.
* Woody has set up and run many Biodynamic gardens; these are the
subject of a book in progress, "Deep Gardening: Soul Lessons from 17
Gardens".
* We are both highly experienced seed growers, a must for a self
sustaining farm and garden individuality.
* We both have trained many apprentices and consider education about
growing, composting, and gardening to be our primary work in the
world. To this end, Barbara has held many composting workshops in the
U.S., Canada, and Stellenbosch, South Africa since we sold Aurora Farm
in 2005.

Please pass this URL on to others who may be interested in talking
with us.

For Mother Earth,

Barbara and Woody

http://www.soulmedicinejourney.com

  • [permaculture] Aurora Farm Family Foundation-- Finding a Home, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 04/16/2007