permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: [Market Farming] Bee Feed]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: [Market Farming] Bee Feed]
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:43:25 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Market Farming] Bee Feed
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 15:25:41 -0600
From: Kaayla Daniel <wholenutritionist@earthlink.net>
To: marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org

I am writing an article for /Wise Traditions/, the journal of the Weston
A. Price Foundation and am trying to learn more about whether new types
of bee feed could be part of the reason for the declining bee
population. Can you tell me about how long high fructose corn syrup and
soy feeds have been used? And what bees were fed traditionally?
Thousands of studies dating back 100 years linking soy to infertility,
immune system breakdown and other health problems in humans, monkeys,
dogs, mice, rats, pigs, quail, parrots and other creatures. I suspect
it's a problem for honeybees too but I don't have any evidence at this
point. I am posting this in the hope that you can give me some
insights. Thanks, Kaayla T. Daniel

Kaayla T. Daniel, PhD, CCN
Author of /The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America's Favorite
Health Food/
505-266-3252 wholenutritionist@earthlink.net