permaculture - [permaculture] stark choice between a mass extinction event and permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jim <ashevillecurrencyproject@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] stark choice between a mass extinction event and permaculture
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 23:18:25 -0500

"So, we do have a kind of a stark choice now, between a mass extinction event and permaculture;
and given such a choice, I think all but a small /Gotterdamerung/ crowd will choose permaculture and work for it.

You could say that science is one name for that work."

Science fiction author Kim Stanley Robinson
(quote is at the end of the interview at
http://www.lablit.com/article/208 )*

-- Jim

* Kim Stanley Robinson is a widely acclaimed author of novels with strong science and scientist characters including the /Mars/ trilogy, /Antarctica/ and /The Years of Rice and Salt/, and he has won a number of prestigious awards such as the Hugo, the Nebula and the John W. Campbell Memorial Award. The upcoming book /Sixty Days and Counting/ will complete his best-selling climate change trilogy ‘Science in the Capitol’. LabLit*.com* recently caught up with Robinson to find out more.

  • [permaculture] stark choice between a mass extinction event and permaculture, Jim, 02/12/2007