permaculture - [permaculture] update MEN request for Jean Pain article

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] update MEN request for Jean Pain article
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:15:13 -0800 (PST)

I've sent our request to the Mother Earth News (MEN) for an update on their
March/April 1980 article on the work of Jean Pain and his forest thicket
compost methods, and received a reply (see below). I had originally planned
to also send a snail mail letter duplicate, but Cheryl Long's quick reply via
email is satisfactory for now. Anything more from us at this time would
probably be counter-productive.

John Fritz, NW Arkansas.

Subject: RE: Suggestion for MEN article Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007
09:08:23 -0600 From: "Cheryl Long" <clong@motherearthnews.com> Add to
Address Book Add Mobile Alert To: "John Fritz" <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
[input] [input] [input] [input] YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText
= true; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.lang = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = -176188549;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author =
""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = { }; YAHOO.Shortcuts.overlaySpaceId =
"97546169"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.hostSpaceId = "97546168";
Thanks for your suggestion, John. I’ve read the Permaculture article and we
will see if we can do an update article. I have also sent a note to the Jean
Pain Web site asking about the broken link. It appears that they are selling
chipping equipment.